Academic Support Center
The ELH Academic Support Center offers both drop-in and appointment-based services tailored to meet the diverse needs of college students. Our dedicated team provides comprehensive support, including general advising, assistance, and referrals to various campus services. While students are expected to schedule meetings with their academic advisor or undergraduate program coordinator for personalized guidance on course selection and career pathways, our knowledgeable staff is ready to assist. Whether it’s assisting students with a leave of absence or processing a change of major, we are here to ensure every student’s academic journey is supported and successful.
Contact the Academic Support Center
115 Deering Hall
Note: For security purposes, please contact us from your @maine.edu email account.
Students can drop in and receive help between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. on weekdays or book an appointment to meet with us. We can meet by phone, in person, or on Zoom — whatever works for you!
If you have the Navigate App, you can book an appointment directly from your smartphone. Under location, select “ELH Academic Support Center” and choose any of the staff members listed. Don’t have the app? You can still book an appointment using a web browser. Log in with your UMaine credentials, and select “ELH Academic Support Center.”
You can also contact our staff members using the phone numbers and email addresses listed below. Please allow one business day for us to return your message.
Who we are
Susan Sullivan, Associate Dean
- Oversees the college Academic Support Center
- Responsible for all undergraduate academic matters
Trish Costello, Administrative Specialist
- Point of contact for the office of the Associate Dean
- Assists with form processing (Change of Programs, Degree Exception forms, etc.)
Grace Chamberlain, Academic Administrative Coordinator
- Advises undeclared students
- Provides administrative support for the Academic Support Center
- Supports students on Academic Contract and Probation
- Supports students interested in the Nursing program and dismissed from the Nursing program
Julie Eubanks, Assistant Director of Academic and Student Support Services
- Provides general academic guidance and referrals
- Supports students navigating personal and health concerns
- Coordinates medical, retroactive, and extraordinary circumstances withdrawals
- Advises Undeclared students
Rachel Smith, Coordinator of Instruction and Data Support Services
Provides data support for the academic units in the college
Manages the ELH Curriculum Committee
Collaborates with the Office of Admissions and ELH units on student recruitment initiatives